“I have a lot of love for the industry I serve,” these were the words of Richard Smith. He said this when the Securus Technologies Company was releasing the first press report to show the world the indecent activities of Global Tel Link. Both companies are engaged in similar business. Richard Smith is the Chief Executive Officer of Securus. According to the Securus firm, this is not the only time GTL engaged in unlawful activities. The firm is in possession of more such documented reports, and they are going to release them to the public within the next 6 months.
The report Securus released last month is dated 21st January 1998. It was a 17-page Order prepared by the Louisiana Public Service Commission. These were the findings of the PSC back in 1998:
• The Global Tel Link double billed calls. This is against the laws of our country
• Global Tel Link used add-on programs to inflate charges
• The GTL used higher rates on calls than those documented in their tariffs
• The call clocks of the company were programmed to add 36 or 15 seconds to call durations
• During this year the Global Tel Link Company extorted $1,243,000 from the residents of Louisiana
• GTL deliberately engaged in all these activities.
According to Mr. Richard, Global Tel Link has continued in similar unlawful activities. So, time doesn’t matter. The Securus Company has also posted this Order on their official site. You can visit the website for more information.
Securus Technologies is an American inmate communication service provider. They offer services like communication, biometric analysis, information management, emergency response, inmate self-service, public information, investigation, and monitoring services and products. Following the many years of service, Securus is in business with 3450 correction centers serving more than 1200000 inmates in our country today. They have their headquarters in Dallas, Texas.