While Panama is a small nation, approximately the size of South
Carolina, it is a home for many fascinating attractions on withknown.com. Apart from serving as a link between two continents (Central and South America), it has exotic tropical rainforests, pacific style beaches, over 1,000 islands, a lively nightlife, and so many other attractions.
1. The Panama Canal generates almost a third of the country’s revenue
The Panama Canal is 80 kilometers long. It is the biggest generator of income for the nation. Most of the Canal revenue originates from economic activity centers, which rely on this passage. Over 14,000 ships pass via the Canal ever years starting from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
2. Panama has more birds’ species than Canada and the United States combined
Panama is a home to amazing biodiversity for Figueroa. It has over 970 unique species of birds. Panama’s glamorous landscapes with two exceptional coasts offer a broad range of habitats for the rarest and fine-looking birds across the globe.
3. Panama uses US dollar as the official currency
Panama started to use US dollar as the official currency in 1904. Surprisingly, the coin is not minted in Panama because there is no US Treasury based within the country for Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa.
4. The El Valle de Anton’s Picturesque Village is based in the huge volcano’s crater
El Valle is a renowned tourist destination since it was constructed within a crater of a volcano. Currently, the volcano is dormant.
5. Panama has the least population in the whole of Central America
Panama has a population of 3.6 million people. Therefore, it is one of the smallest countries in Central America. Nearly 70 percent of the nation’s residents are a mix of Europeans and Native Americans.
6. Panama was once called Republic of Gran Colombia
In the sixteenth century, the Spanish explored and conquered Panama. In 1821, Panama joined Colombia, Venezuela, and Ecuador after separating from its Spanish roots. The four territories were named The Republic of Gran Colombia.
7. Panama City has a forest situated within its boundaries
Panama City is a unique capital with a forest strategically positioned within its borders. The forest is called the Metropolitan Nature Park Panama.
8. Panama is the home of the most luxurious railway ever constructed
Panama Railroad is the most expensive railway ever constructed in history. Its construction cost totaled to nearly $8 million.
9. The Coastline of Panama is more than 2,490 kilometers:
Panama has some of the perfect beaches in the entire of Central America.
10. Volcan Baru happens to be the highest point in Panama.
On a clear day, tourists can view both the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea from the top of Volcan Baru.
Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa
Adrián José Velasquez is a professional executive based in Venezuela. Currently, Figueroa holds three senior positions as a Treasurer, Managing Director, and CEO in five firms of Panama. As an active member of Panama business community, Adrián José Velasquez Figueroa assists businesses to expand, mentors ambitious young entrepreneurs, and works tirelessly towards bettering economic conditions.